Tuesday, September 9, 2025

Week 1: AI insight and Academic writing

    This week, I gained more insight into the rise of AI and how it has impacted careers, including those of software developers. The lectures and reading materials discussed academic writing, AI, ChatGPT as an educational tool, paper outline structure, and the importance of journaling. I was surprised to find we would be working alongside AI, though I was thoroughly impressed by the various study methods that could be applied in ChatGPT. 

    My writing style has always taken on a flowery and narrative-like tone to it and is not a style best suited for academic writing. I've discovered how difficult it is for me to pull away from the habit of writing in this style. I was able to reflect on my own writing style based on the requirements and feel confident in my ability to apply some changes. I'm excited to become a better writer as I believe it would improve my day-to-day communications, especially in a professional setting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CST338: wk04 Peer Review

Reviewed: Ariya Briscoe & Tyler Kenney Ariya Kenney Encapsulation ·          Field members in both the Card and Deck class files ...