Hangman Reflection
Now that I've continued through the course, I feel much more confident in my earlier reflection on how I would approach the HW01 - Hangman assignment. I would read the prompt at least twice - once for familiarity and once to take down any notes and starting points. This will likely become much more apparent when I open the test file, reviewing it at least twice - once for familiarity, once for comparison and note taking. Furthering this, I would continue to read through the unit tests, ensuring to consider what methods are being called in the test functions, as they likely reveal which methods should be solidified in order to make the test for that method run as intended. In addition, I would likely begin focus on methods that don't require a call to another method in order to be run (this helps with set up, as these methods are likely the ones to be called within other methods). Along with pseudo-coding out each method, drawing a visual that would help me make connections, and practicing Lists, I would develop more comfort in implementing and operating Generics. After each method, I would create my own tests to ensure each method is working as intended before moving on to the next.
Victories
- I feel much more comfortable working with IDEs and, while there is still a learning curve, can see myself comfortably continuing to utilize them.
- I understand how to read a UML pretty comfortably
- I have a much better understanding of Activites in Android Studio in that they require an xml, a java class file as the remote, and that it needs to be added to the manifest in order to be viewed.
- I have more familiarity with databases, specifically Room, enough to (roughly) develop my own in Android Studio
- I understand how to extend classes and when
- I'm more familiar with interfaces and abstracts
No comments:
Post a Comment